Pharmac asks for feedback on second round of potential brand changes from 2024/25 Annual Tender
Pharmac is asking for feedback on a second list of potential brand changes for funded medicines, as part of its 2024/25 Annual Invitation to Tender.
This second round of consultation follows an earlier round held in early 2025, where Pharmac asked for feedback on proposed brand changes from the 2024/25 tender. More than 30 responses were received from healthcare professionals, advocacy groups, consumers, and suppliers.
“We really appreciate the time and thought that went into the feedback we received earlier this year,” says Pharmac’s Acting Director of Pharmaceuticals Adrienne Martin. “It’s clear that brand changes can affect people in different ways, and we’re committed to making decisions that are well-informed and carefully considered.”
The current consultation includes a list of medicines being considered for brand changes under the 2024/25 tender. Pharmac is inviting feedback from people who take these medicines, and those who support them including prescribers, pharmacists, and caregivers.
“We want to understand what the impact of a brand change might be and what support people would need if their brand of medicine changes,” says Martin. “It’s important to us that our decisions are informed by people’s experiences.”
The consultation document, including the full list of proposed brand changes, is available on the Pharmac website.
Submissions are open until 5pm Wednesday 23 July and can be through the online feedback form or by emailing tenderconsult@pharmac.govt.nz.