Social media terms and conditions
We welcome your comments, questions and feedback on PHARMAC’s social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn).
Posts will be accepted in te reo Māori or English language and we will respond in kind.
We do ask that you are respectful of the community and follow these terms and conditions.
Please don't share any of your own, or anyone else’s, private information on PHARMAC’s social media accounts.
This includes but is not limited to:
- patient information
- phone numbers
- email addresses
- other online contact details
relating either to you or other individuals.
- Please be respectful of other users of PHARMAC’s social media accounts.
- Stay on topic and don't upload content or post a comment that is unrelated to the purpose of the social media account.
- Don't use language or content that:
- appears to be spam
- is discriminatory
- contains insults or put downs
- is likely to be offensive, inflammatory or provocative
- contains potentially harmful advice
- is not accurate.
- Don't break the law or encourage others to do so. This includes but is not limited to defamation, breaching privacy, breaching another person’s intellectual property rights such as copyright, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court.
- Don't impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or an organisation.
- Don't attempt to log on using another user’s account.
- Don't make any commercial endorsement or promotion of any product, service or publication.
Any comments and posts that breach these terms and conditions will be blocked or removed by PHARMAC.
If a user repeatedly breaches this policy, that user will be blocked from posting in the future.
By making any contribution to the PHARMAC social media accounts publicly – including comments, photos or videos – a user is granting PHARMAC permission to reuse this content inside that social media account.
Permission will be sought via an individual request to the owner of the comment if PHARMAC wishes to utilise the content outside of the social media account.
The content provided on PHARMAC’s social media accounts (including Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn) is intended to inform on PHARMAC activity and provide general information on funded pharmaceuticals. Every effort has been made to ensure that the information set out on PHARMAC’s social media accounts is accurate.
However, users of PHARMAC’s social media accounts are advised that:
- the information provided on PHARMAC’s social media accounts does not replace or alter the laws of New Zealand and other official guidelines or requirements
- PHARMAC does not accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever, whether in contract, tort, equity or otherwise, for any action taken, or reliance placed, as a result of reading any part, or all, of the information in PHARMAC’s social media accounts or for any error, inadequacy, deficiency, flaw in or omission from the information provided in PHARMAC’s social media accounts
- all links, shared content, and references to other products, websites or organisations not within PHARMAC, on PHARMAC’s social media accounts, are provided for convenience only and aren't, and should not be taken as, endorsement of those products, websites or any information contained in those websites
- PHARMAC doesn't necessarily endorse any website or organisation which has links to PHARMAC’s social media accounts. Liking, favouriting or sharing information does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation – it's for the purpose of sharing information
- the information on PHARMAC’s social media accounts has been provided for use in New Zealand.
Except where stated, the information on PHARMAC’s social media accounts is the copyright of PHARMAC, and PHARMAC licenses users to copy, distribute and adapt that content in accordance with the Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) 4.0 International Licence.
Users should understand the terms of the licence. For details check CC-BY 4.0 International Licence terms https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/(external link)
Briefly, this licence allows users to copy, distribute and adapt the information on PHARMAC’s social media accounts for the users' own purposes (even commercially) as long as:
- users acknowledge PHARMAC as the original creator of the material; and
- you do not suggest PHARMAC endorses you, your organisation or your use of the material.
The permission to reproduce material on PHARMAC’s social media accounts does not extend to PHARMAC’s logo or any photographic or graphic work, any other logos, emblems or trade marks appearing on this social media account.
The permission to reproduce material on PHARMAC’s social media accounts does not extend to any material that is identified as being protected by copyright owned by a third party (this includes material on websites you may access via links from PHARMAC’s social media accounts). Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from that copyright holder.
If you are in doubt about whether your proposed use of material falls within the terms of the Creative Commons licence, please contact PHARMAC at email@example.com.
Last updated: 19 June 2020