Neurology update 2019
Location: PHARMAC, Wellington
This seminar facilitated by Fiona Corbin is an update of the popular neurology seminar first held in 2015. This year Dr Anna Ranta will be joined by two colleagues from Capital and Coast DHB.
The seminar will review basics including approach to the neurology patient and the 60 second neurological exam. There will also be updates on management of common neurological conditions including:
- Migraine and headache
- Neuroimmunology including information for primary care providers relating to the widened range of funded options available for multiple sclerosis
- Movement disorders including Parkinson’s Disease
- Associate Professor Anna Ranta - University of Otago, Wellington - Neurologist and current Capital and Coast DHB Executive Clinical Director, medicine, cancer and community, MOH clinical lead for stroke
- Dr David Bourke - Neurologist, Capital and Coast DHB
- Dr Jennifer Taylor – Neurologist, Capital and Coast DHB
Registration fee - $75.00 (including GST) Please note that transport and associated costs will not be covered by PHARMAC.
Time: 9.30am - 4.00pm (includes morning tea and lunch)
Audience: GPs, Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, and Pharmacists working in primary care.
Last updated: 4 July 2019