Invitation to Tender 2016/17 - updated
3 November 2016
PHARMAC invites tenders for the supply of certain pharmaceuticals to DHB hospitals and/or to community pharmacies in New Zealand.
This invitation to tender incorporates the following schedules:
- Schedule 1 sets out the definitions used in this invitation;
- Schedule 2 specifies the pharmaceuticals for which you may submit a Tender Bid in relation to community supply and/or hospital supply;
- Schedule 3 describes the process PHARMAC intends to follow in relation to this tender, and provides instructions on how to submit a Tender Bid in relation to community supply and/or hospital supply;
- Schedule 4 sets out terms that will apply if your Tender Bid in relation to community and/or hospital supply is awarded Sole Supply Status and/or Hospital Supply Status;
- Schedule 5 sets out the additional terms that will apply if your Tender Bid in relation to community supply is awarded Sole Supply Status; and
- Schedule 6 sets out the additional terms that will apply if your Tender Bid in relation to hospital supply is awarded Hospital Supply Status.
This Invitation to Tender also incorporates the information on the Electronic Portal referred to in the Invitation to Tender document.
If you wish to submit a Tender Bid in relation to community supply and/or hospital supply, you must submit it via the Electronic Portal to PHARMAC no later than 5pm (New Zealand time) on Thursday 15 December 2016.
If you have any inquiries about this Invitation to Tender you should contact the Tender Analysts at firstname.lastname@example.org (Katie Brownless on +64 4 916 7522 or Tim Nuthall on +64 4 901 3233).
We look forward to receiving your Tender Bid.
Schedule 2 (Excel spreadsheet. [XLSX, 52 KB] Note: To open the Excel file click on the document and select 'Save'
Template: Tender submission offer letter (editable) [DOC, 38 KB] - Note: To open the Word file click on the document and select 'Save'
Clarification of widening of access for paraffin 500g
PHARMAC would only award a tender for either current access or widened access for the tender for paraffin 500 g. Widening of access would be for removal of 'only in combination' restriction.
Clarification of widening of access for ciprofloxacin eye drops 0.3%
PHARMAC would only award a tender for either current access or widened access for the tender for ciprofloxacin eye drops 0.3%. Widening of access would be for amendment of the wording ‘are only funded for use in the eye, unless explicitly stated otherwise’ to ‘are funded for second line treatment of bacterial infections’.
Data estimates for hospital usage
Hospital usage for the products included in the 2016/17 annual tender has been provided as an attachment to the 2016/17 Invitation to Tender. The units provided in the hospital usage data are for the hospital market only. Unit volumes are approximate and indicative only. PHARMAC makes no representation as to the accuracy of these unit volumes or to the level of sales or likely sales of any tender item. PHARMAC accepts no liability for any errors or omissions in this information.
Last updated: 6 December 2018