Decision to list a range of feeding devices supplied by ConvaTec (New Zealand) Ltd
7 September 2020
What we are doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with ConvaTec (New Zealand) Ltd (“ConvaTec”) for the supply of feeding devices to DHBs.
In summary this will result in:
- Feeding equipment and associated devices (“feeding devices”) from ConvaTec being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 October 2020 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of feeding devices as the Agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
Responses to the consultation raised no concerns or objections to the proposal. No changes have been made to the proposal as a result of consultation.
Who we think will be most interested
- Suppliers and Wholesalers
- DHB clinical and technical staff, including but not limited to:
- Procurement officers and supply chain personnel
- Clinical engineers and maintenance services
- ICU, emergency, and critical care staff
- Nurses (both inpatient and community based)
Details about this decision
The RFP was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the evaluation process, and consulting on the provisional Agreements reached with ConvaTec, PHARMAC has decided to list the supplier’s Feeding Devices in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 October 2020.
DHBs can continue to choose which feeding devices they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase feeding devices from ConvaTec must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the Agreements from 1 October 2020.
The Agreements includes terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by the suppliers on the appropriate use of its feeding devices, which is to be provided at times and in formats as agreed with individual DHBs.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
All consultation responses received by 06 August 2020 were considered in their entirety in making the decision to list ConvaTec’s feeding devices.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback are set out below:
Support of this proposal.
No resource or technical impacts anticipated in relation to this proposal.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.
Last updated: 17 September 2020