Decision to list medical devices supplied by Pharmaco (NZ) Limited
9 April 2020
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with Pharmaco (NZ) Limited (“Pharmaco”) for the supply of obstetrics and gynaecology products to DHBs.
In summary this will result in:
- Pharmaco’s products being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 May 2020 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of obstetrics and gynaecology products.
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes were made to the agreement following consultation feedback.
Who we think will be most interested
- Suppliers and wholesalers
- DHB clinical staff in a range of clinical settings including:
- Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Clinical/Biomedical Engineers
- Sterile services staff
- Outpatient clinic staff
- Theatre and perioperative staff
- Surgical, speciality units, gynaecology and general ward staff
- Delivery suite staff
- Point of Care coordinators
- Medical Scientists
- Laboratory Managers
- DHB procurement and supply chain personnel
Details about this decision
The RFP was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the RFP evaluation processes, and consulting on the provisional Agreement with Pharmaco, PHARMAC has decided to list Pharmaco’s medical devices in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 May 2020.
DHBs can continue to choose which obstetrics and gynaecology products they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase obstetrics and gynaecology products from Pharmaco must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the Agreement, from 1 May 2020.
The Agreement includes terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by Pharmaco on the appropriate use of its products, which is to be provided at times as agreed with individual DHBs.
Our response to what you told us
Consultation on this proposal was open from 9 March to 30 March 2020, and no responses were received in response to this consultation.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.
Last updated: 16 July 2020