Decision to list medical devices supplied by Applied Medical New Zealand Limited
16 March 2020
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with Applied Medical New Zealand Limited (“Applied Medical”) for the supply of medical devices in the endomechanical and electrosurgical category.
In summary this will result in:
- Applied Medical’s medical devices, in the category noted above, being listed in Part lll of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 April 2020 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of endomechanical and electrosurgical products as the Agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes were made to the proposal as a result of consultation feedback.
Who we think will be most interested
- Suppliers and Wholesalers
- DHB Clinical Staff in a range of different clinical settings including:
- Perioperative staff;
- Clinical engineers;
- Surgical and general ward staff; and
- Central sterile services personnel.
- DHB procurement and supply chain personnel.
Details about this decision
This RFP was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After evaluating Applied Medical’s proposal , and consulting on the provisional Agreement reached with them, PHARMAC has decided to list Applied Medical’s medical devices in Part lll of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 April 2020.
DHBs can continue to choose which endomechanical and electrosurgical products, they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase medical devices in the category above, from Applied Medical, must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the Agreement, from 1 April 2020.
The Agreement includes terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by Applied Medical on the appropriate use and maintenance of its products, which is to be provided at times as agreed with individual DHBs.
Our response to what you told us
No consultation responses were received by 4pm, 4 March 2020.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.
Last updated: 31 March 2020