Decision to list medical devices supplied by Jackson Allison Medical and Surgical Limited
7 November 2019
What we’re doing
PHARMAC is pleased to announce approval of a listing agreement with Jackson Allison Medical and Surgical Limited ("Jackson Allison") for the supply of medical devices in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 December 2019.
We will list medical devices in the following categories:
- endomechanical and electrosurgical products
- surgical drapes, gowns and procedure packs
In summary this will result in:
- Jackson Allison’s medical devices, in the categories above, being listed in Part lll of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 December 2019 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of endomechanical and electrosurgical products, and surgical drapes, gowns and procedure packs as the Agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes were made to the proposal as a result of consultation feedback.
Who we think will be most interested
- Suppliers and Wholesalers
- DHB clinical staff in a range of different clinical settings including:
- Perioperative staff
- Clinical engineers
- Surgical and general ward staff
- Central sterile services personnel
- Procurement and supply chain personnel
Details about this decision
In 2018 PHARMAC issued Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for:
- Supply of endomechanical instruments, electrosurgical instruments, energy platforms and consumable products (“Endomechanical and Electrosurgical Products”); and
- Supply of single use sterile surgical drapes, gowns and procedure packs (“Surgical Drapes and Gowns”).
The RFPs were for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the RFP evaluation processes, and consulting on the provisional Agreement reached with Jackson Allison, PHARMAC has decided to list Jackson Allison’s medical devices in Part lll of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 December 2019.
DHBs can continue to choose which endomechanical and electrosurgical products, and surgical drapes, gowns and procedure packs they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase medical devices in the categories above, from Jackson Allison, must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the Agreement, from 1 December 2019.
The Agreement includes terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by Jackson Allison on the appropriate use and maintenance of its products, which is to be provided at times as agreed with individual DHBs.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
All consultation responses received by 25 October 2019 were considered in their entirety in making the decision to approve this agreement.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback are set out below:
No technical or resource impacts anticipated as a result of the proposal
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll-free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.
Last updated: 8 November 2019