Decision to list medical devices in the endomechanical and electrosurgical category supplied by Ortho Medics Limited
17 May 2019
What we are doing
We’re pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement for medical devices with Ortho Medics Limited (“Ortho Medics”) for products in the endomechanical and electrosurgical category of medical devices.
In summary this will result in:
- Medical devices, from the supplier and category listed above, being listed on the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 June 2019 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- DHBs continuing to be able to purchase other suppliers’ brands of medical devices in the endomechanical and electrosurgical category or medical devices.
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes have been made to the agreements as a result of consultation.
Who we think will be most interested
- Clinical and non-clinical DHB staff:
- Clinical/Biomedical Engineers
- Perioperative staff
- Sterile services staff
- Outpatient procedure clinic staff
- Procurement and supply chain personnel
- Suppliers and Wholesalers
Detail about this decision
The RFP was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing in the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the RFP evaluation processes and consulting on the proposed Agreement with Ortho Medics to list their range of Endomechanical and Electrosurgical Products, PHARMAC has decided to list the medical devices in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 June 2019.
DHBs that purchase this category of medical devices from Ortho Medics must do so under the terms and conditions, and at the prices included in the Agreement, from 1 June 2019. DHBs can continue to choose which Endomechanical and Electrosurgical Products they purchase.
The Agreement includes terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by Ortho Medics on the appropriate use of their products, which is to be provided at times as agreed with individual DHBs.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback received are set out below:
Feedback that no technical or resource impacts are expected as a result of the proposal.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.
Last updated: 16 July 2020