Decision to list medical devices in the interventional radiology category supplied by Merit Medical Ltd
8 May 2019
What we are doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement for medical devices with Merit Medical Limited (‘Merit’).
In summary this will result in:
- 1427 medical devices from Merit in the interventional radiology category, being listed on the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 July 2019 under national agreements that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreements”);
- this supplier providing training and education services that will be tailored to suit the needs of individual DHBs in formats and at times as required by DHBs; and
- DHBs continuing to be able to purchase other suppliers’ brands of medical devices in the interventional radiology category.
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes have been made to the agreements as a result of consultation.
Who we think will be most interested
- DHB staff
- Interventional radiology clinical staff
- Procurement and supply chain personnel
- Suppliers and Wholesalers
Detail about this decision
The RFP was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the RFP evaluation processes and consulting on the provisional Agreements reached with Merit, PHARMAC has decided to list the large range of Merit and other brands of medical devices in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 July 2019. This is the latest agreement resulting from the RFP and we anticipate consulting on the final agreements in the coming months.
DHBs that purchase these medical devices from Merit must do so under the terms and conditions and at the prices included in the Agreements, from 1 July 2019. DHBs can continue to choose which interventional radiology products they purchase.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback received are set out below:
Feedback that no technical or resource impacts are expected as a result of the proposal.
Comment regarding categorisation of proposed products and possible cross-over with other categories.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.
Last updated: 16 July 2020