Decision to list urology, ostomy and continence products
6 May 2019
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of non-exclusive listing agreements with EBOS Group Limited (“EBOS”), Ainscorp Pty Ltd (“Ainscorp”) and New Zealand Medical & Scientific Limited (“NZMS”) for the supply of urology, ostomy and continence products to DHBs.
In summary, this will result in:
- EBOS’ urology and continence products being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 June 2019;
- Ainscorp’s ostomy products being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 June 2019;
- NZMS’ ostomy products being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 June 2019; and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of urology, ostomy and continence products as the agreements are not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposals?
This decision was subject to the following consultation letters:
- EBOS and Ainscorp consultation letter dated 27 March 2019; and
- NZMS consultation letter dated 3 April 2019.
No changes were made to the original proposals as a result of consultation feedback.
Who we think will be most interested
- Suppliers and Wholesalers
- DHB Staff
- clinical staff in a range of inpatient, outpatient and community settings where urology, ostomy and continence products are used
- procurement and supply chain personnel
Detail about this decision
The RFP requested proposals for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After evaluating EBOS’, Ainscorp’s and NZMS’ proposals, and consulting on the provisional agreements reached with them, PHARMAC has decided to list EBOS’ range of urology and continence products, and Ainscorp’s and NZMS’ ranges of ostomy products, in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 June 2019.
The brands included in the agreements are:
- Ugo Urology
- Confidence Comfort
- Confidence Convex Supersoft
- Confidence Gold Oval
- Confidence Natural
- Confidence Natural Advance
- Confidence Natural Soft Convex
- Confidence Wound and Fistula
- Harmony Duo
- Ace Stopper
- Medicina Washout set
These agreements are the latest to arise from the urology, ostomy and continence RFP.
DHBs can continue to choose which urology, ostomy and continence products they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase EBOS’, Ainscorp’s or NZMS’ products listed on the Pharmaceutical Schedule, must do so under the terms and conditions, and at the prices, included in the agreements from 1 June 2019.
PHARMAC expects to reach agreements with a number of other suppliers over the coming months for the supply of urology, ostomy and continence products to DHBs.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to consider the consultations.
All consultation responses received by 17 April 2019 for EBOS and Ainscorp, and by 29 April 2019 for NZMS, were considered in their entirety in making the decision to approve each agreement.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback are set out below:
EBOS, Ainscorp and NZMS agreements
No technical or resource impacts are expected as a result of the proposals
Feedback from a group of urologists that they would like to ensure they still have access to a wide range of products, not just those supplied by EBOS
The EBOS agreement is not for sole supply and DHBs can continue to purchase other suppliers’ urology and continence products.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.
Last updated: 16 August 2019