Decision to list interventional radiology products supplied by Stryker New Zealand Ltd
10 April 2019
What we are doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement for medical devices with Stryker New Zealand Ltd (“Stryker”).
In summary this will result in:
- 325 medical devices in the interventional radiology consumable products category, being listed on the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 May 2019 under national agreements that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreements”);
- this supplier providing training and education services that will be tailored to suit the needs of individual DHBs in formats and at times as required by DHBs; and
- DHBs continuing to be able to purchase other suppliers’ brands of medical devices in the interventional radiology consumable products category.
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes were made to the listing agreement as a result of consultation feedback.
Who we think will be most interested
- DHB staff
- Interventional radiology clinical staff
- Procurement and supply chain personnel
- Suppliers and Wholesalers
Detail about this decision
After completing the RFP evaluation processes and consulting on the provisional Agreements reached with Stryker PHARMAC has decided to list the medical devices in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 May 2019. This is the latest agreement resulting from the RFP and we anticipate consulting on further agreements in the coming months.
The products to be listed include catheters, guidewires, introducer sheaths, retrievers and vascular flow devices.
DHBs that purchase medical devices from these suppliers must do so under the terms and conditions and at the prices included in the Agreements, from 1 May 2019. DHBs can continue to choose which interventional radiology consumable products they purchase.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback received are set out below:
PHARMAC Staff Comment
Feedback that no technical or resource impacts are expected as a result of the proposal.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.
Last updated: 16 July 2020