Decision to list medical devices in the surgical suction, chest and wound drainage category supplied by Getinge Australia Pty Ltd
20 March 2019
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with Getinge Australia Pty Ltd (“Getinge”) for the supply of medical devices in the surgical suction, chest and wound drainage category for use by DHB Hospitals.
In summary this will result in:
- 64 medical devices from the above supplier and in the surgical suction, chest and wound drainage category, being listed on the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 May 2019 under national agreements that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreements”);
- this supplier providing training and education services that will be tailored to suit the needs of individual DHBs in formats and at times as required by DHBs; and
- DHBs continuing to be able to purchase other suppliers’ brands of medical devices in the surgical suction, chest and wound drainage category.
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes have been made to the agreements as a result of consultation.
Who we think will be most interested:
- DHB staff:
- Theatre staff
- Surgeons – general and specialties
- Surgical and general ward staff
- Procurement Officers
- Suppliers and Wholesalers
Detail about this decision
In August 2018 PHARMAC issued an Request for Proposals (“RFP”) for surgical suction, chest and wound drainage products. The RFP was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the RFP evaluation processes and consulting on the provisional Agreements reached with Getinge PHARMAC has decided to list the medical devices in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 May 2019. This is the fourth agreement resulting from the RFP and we anticipate consulting on further agreements in the coming months.
DHBs that purchase medical devices from these suppliers must do so under the terms and conditions and at the prices included in the Agreements, from 1 May 2019. DHBs can continue to choose which surgical suction, chest and wound drainage products they purchase.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback received are set out below:
Feedback that no technical or resource impacts are expected as a result of the proposal.
Comment on pricing for one DHB.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.
Last updated: 18 April 2019