Agreement for the supply of custom designed orthopaedic implants and associated design services supplied by Ossis Limited
15 October 2018
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with Ossis Limited (“Ossis”) for the supply of a range of custom designed orthopaedic implants and associated implant design services (“Orthopaedic Products”) to DHBs.
In summary, this will result in:
- Pharmaceutical Schedule listings for a range of Orthopaedic Products supplied by Ossis under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”).
- DHBs continuing to be able to purchase other suppliers’ brands of Orthopaedic Products, as the Agreement is not for sole supply.
- The Orthopaedic Products being available for DHBs to purchase at the PHARMAC negotiated prices, and terms and conditions from 1 November 2018.
- Ossis providing training and education services that will be tailored to suit the needs of individual DHBs in formats and at times as required by DHBs.
Any changes to the original proposal?
Who we think will be most interested
- Suppliers and Wholesalers
- DHB Staff
- Orthopaedic surgeons
- Theatre and sterile services personnel
- Other perioperative personnel
- Procurement and supply chain personnel
- Radiology personnel
Detail about this decision
In April 2016 PHARMAC issued a request for proposals (“RFP”) for orthopaedic implants and associated products. The RFP requested proposals for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the RFP evaluation process, and consulting on the provisional Agreement reached with Ossis, PHARMAC has decided to list Ossis’ range of Orthopaedic Products in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 November 2018.
The Agreement covers the AceOS range of Orthopaedic Products currently supplied by Ossis to DHB Hospitals.
DHBs that purchase the Ossis’ range of Orthopaedic Products must do so under the terms and conditions, and at the prices, included in the Agreement, from 1 November 2018.
DHBs can continue to choose which Orthopaedic Products they purchase.
The Agreement includes terms and conditions for training and education services to be provided by Ossis to DHB personnel on the appropriate use of its Orthopaedic Products, which is to be provided at times as agreed with individual DHBs.
The Ossis Orthopaedic Products Agreement is one of a number of contracts PHARMAC has listed in this category on the Pharmaceutical Schedule. Further consultations in this category are expected over the next few months.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
All consultation responses received by 4 October 2018 were considered in their entirety in making a decision to approve Ossis’ provisional Agreement.
A summary of the only theme raised in feedback and our response to the feedback received is set out below:
No technical or resource impacts anticipated.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.
Last updated: 16 August 2019