Decision to list Interventional Radiology and Respiratory Care products supplied by Getz Healthcare Ltd
24 August 2018
What we’re doing
We’re pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement for interventional radiology and respiratory care products with Getz Healthcare Ltd (“Getz”).
In summary this will result in:
- 442 Interventional Radiology products and one new Respiratory Care product being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 October 2018.
- the Getz Agreement for interventional radiology devices will result in a small total cost increase across all DHBs, based on current usage.
- The proposed respiratory care product (nose clips) is new to New Zealand DHBs and the Agreement will increase the range of nose clip products from which clinicians could choose.
This Agreement would supersede any existing DHB contracts with this supplier for the devices listed in Schedule One of the Agreement.
Any changes to the original proposal?
This decision was subject to consultation with a letter dated 31 July 2018. No changes were made to the listing agreement as a result of consultation feedback.
Who we think will be most interested
- DHB staff
- Interventional Radiology staff
- Respiratory Clinicians
- Respiratory therapists
- Pulmonary function specialists
- Pulmonary rehabilitation specialists
- Procurement officers and supply chain personnel
- Suppliers and Wholesalers
Detail about this decision
PHARMAC issued Requests for Proposals (“RFPs”) for:
- Interventional Radiology products; and
- Respiratory Care products
The RFPs were for non-exclusive national agreements for listing in the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
PHARMAC has been working with suppliers to seek provisional agreements and this proposal is the latest to arise from these processes. We expect to consult on further proposed agreements in each of these categories over the coming months.
DHBs that purchase Getz’s Interventional Radiology and Respiratory Care Products must do so under the terms and conditions, and at the prices, included in the Agreements, from 1 October 2018.
DHBs can continue to choose which products they purchase.
Our response to what you told us
We’re really grateful for the time people took to respond to this consultation.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback received are set out below:
PHARMAC Staff Comment
Query as to accuracy of sales data to assess impact of proposal – DHB data suggested a larger negative impact due to higher spend during previous 12mths
Sales data provided by supplier for the period 2016/2017 and analysis based on this data – discrepancy of spend likely to be due to different time period. To ensure consistent approach sales data provided at time of RFP is used across all DHBs.
Advising no technical resource impacts anticipated as a result of proposals
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll-free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.
Last updated: 16 July 2020