Decision to list Interventional Radiology products supplied by Bio-Excel (New Zealand) Ltd and Biotronik Australia PTY Limited
6 August 2018
What we are doing
We’re pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement for Interventional Radiology products with Bio-Excel (New Zealand) Ltd (‘Bio-Excel’) and Biotronik Australia PTY Limited (“Biotronik”).
In summary this will result in:
- 17 Interventional Radiology products from Bio-Excel being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 September 2018.
- 562 Interventional Radiology products from Biotronik being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 September 2018.
- the Bio-Excel Agreement results in a small saving to DHBs of $1,620 per annum, based on current usage.
- the Biotronik Agreement results in a small increase to DHBs of $1,560 per annum, based on current usage but as a current supplier the agreement was progressed.
This Agreement would supersede any existing DHB contracts with this supplier for the devices listed in Schedule One of the Agreement.
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes were made to the listing agreement as a result of consultation feedback.
Who we think will be most interested
- Suppliers and Wholesalers
- DHB Staff:
- Interventional radiology staff
- Procurement officers
Detail about this decision
In September 2017 PHARMAC issued a request for proposals (“RFP”) for Interventional Radiology Products. The RFP requested proposals for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the RFP evaluation, and consulting on the provisional agreements reached with Bio-Excel and Biotronik, PHARMAC has decided to list Bio-Excel’s and Biotronik’s ranges of Interventional Radiology Products in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 September 2018.
DHBs that purchase Bio-Excel’s and Biotronik’s Interventional Radiology Products must do so under the terms and conditions, and at the prices, included in the Agreements, from 1 September 2018.
DHBs can continue to choose which Interventional Radiology Products they purchase.
Bio-Excel’s and Biotronik’s products are the most recent Interventional Radiology products that PHARMAC has decided to list on the Pharmaceutical Schedule. Further consultations in this category are expected over the next few months.
Our response to what you told us
We’re really grateful for the time people took to respond to this consultation. A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback received are set out below:
PHARMAC Staff Comment
Advising that no technical or resource impacts are anticipated as a result of Bio-Excel’s and Biotronik’s proposals
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.
Last updated: 16 July 2020