Approval of multiproduct proposal with bioCSL (NZ) Ltd
27 November 2014
PHARMAC is pleased to announce the approval of an agreement with bioCSL (NZ) Ltd for a number of pharmaceuticals (the “Agreement”). This was the subject of a consultation letter dated 24 October 2014.
Details of the decision
A summary of the decision is provided below, which is as was consulted upon. For further details please refer to the consultation letter.
- Solifenacin succinate (Vesicare) will continue to be listed Section B and Part II of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule, but the price and subsidy will reduce as follows from 1 January 2015 (ex-manufacturer, excluding GST):
|Chemical||Presentation||Brand||Pack size||Current price and subsidy||Price and subsidy|
|Solifenacin succinate||Tab 5 mg||Vesicare||30||$56.50||$37.50|
|Solifenacin succinate||Tab 10 mg||Vesicare||30||$56.50||$37.50|
- Vesicare will have subsidy and delisting protection until 1 July 2018.
- A confidential rebate will apply to Vesicare, reducing the net price paid by the Funder.
- The current Special Authority for Vesicare is unchanged; it remains second line to treat patients non-responsive to oxybutynin.
The following products will have subsidy and delisting protection until 1 July 2018:
- Hydrocortisone butyrate ointment, lipocream, scalp solution and milky emulsion (the Locoid range).
- Podophyllotoxin solution 0.5 % (Condyline).
- Hydrocortisone with natamycin and neomycin cream and ointment (Pimafucort).
We appreciate all of the feedback that we received and acknowledge the time people took to respond. No significant issues were raised in relation to the proposed Agreement arising out of consultation.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.
Last updated: 22 February 2016