Listing of alternate brands of enalapril maleate tablets
12 August 2013
Due to a pharmacy level recall of m-Enalapril tablets the following products will be listed fully subsidised in the Pharmaceutical Schedule from the 12 August 2013:
|Chemical and presentation||Brand||Pack Size||Pharmacode||Price and subsidy|
|Enalapril maleate tab 5 mg||Acetec||30||2444933||$0.36|
|Enalapril maleate tab 10 mg||Acetec||30||2444941||$0.44|
|Enalapril maleate tab 20 mg||Acetec||30||2444968||$0.57|
|Note price and subsidy shown are ex-manufacturer, excl GST
* note, the 500 tablet pack size of Acetec will be available from approximately 23 August 2013.
- This is a pharmacy level recall led by Multichem. If you have any queries regarding the recall, please contact Multichem directly on 0508 50 77 55.
- The Ministry of Health Sector Services will not be able to process claims for August dispensings of Acetec during the month of August. Please hold these claims for August dispensings and submit these with the first claim batch for September.
- From 1 September 2013, we will temporarily remove all-at once dispensing, and this will be reinstated at a later date. An additional service fee will be paid to pharmacy using the brand switch fee mechanism. This will apply from 1 September 2013 to all packs and presentations listed in this fax. It will only apply once per patient.
- Acetec is a New Zealand registered brand.
- The 30 tablet pack size of Acetec is available from your wholesaler immediately. The 500 tablet pack size of Acetec will be available from approximately 23 August 2013. We have listed both pack sizes together so a second mid-month listing is not required.
- Sole Supply Status for the m-Enalapril brand of enalapril 5 mg, 10 mg and 20 mg tablets will be suspended from 12 August 2013 until further notice.
Instructions on how to amend pharmacy software systems have been provided below:
To implement the mid-month listing of the above medicines:
- 1) Now: Go to any Toniq computer and at the main Dispensary Menu
- 7. Administration, 3. Updates and Downloads 1 Download/check medicine files.
- F4 Check I/Net
- Tick Medicine Update 12th Aug and press F7 Dn/Ld Files
- After a few moments a message advises: Download finished - 1 file downloaded.
- Click OK and F12 Accept Details
- 3.Update Medicines to make the new medicine file effective immediately.
These new listed products will automatically update onto your system on Monday 12 August 2013. If you can’t see the new cards, then please go to the top left corner of the LOTS Start Menu (on the Master computer), ‘Help’ and then select ‘Download and Update Program files’.
Thank you for your co-operation. We appreciate this is a disruption but thank you for your assistance. If you have any questions regarding the above, please contact PHARMAC on 0800 66 00 50, option 1 (9am-5pm Monday to Friday).
Last updated: 7 March 2016