Proposal to widen hospital funding restrictions for rituximab
13 September 2013
PHARMAC is seeking feedback on a proposal to amend the funding restrictions for rituximab in hospitals to include the following indications:
- Cold haemagglutinin disease;
- Warm autoimmune haemolytic anaemia;
- Immune thrombocytopenic purpura;
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura;
- Anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA) associated vasculitis;
- Systemic lupus erythematosus;
- Antibody-mediated renal transplant rejection; and
- ABO-incompatible renal transplant.
We do not have a proposed implementation date because it would be dependent on the consultation responses received. We may have to seek further clinical advice following consultation. We will notify all relevant parties when a decision is made on any aspect of this proposal.
PHARMAC welcomes feedback on this proposal. To provide feedback, please submit it in writing by Monday, 30 September 2013 to:
Sue Anne Yee
Therapeutic Group Manager
PO Box 10 254
Fax: 04 460 4995
All feedback received before the closing date will be considered by PHARMAC’s Board (or its delegate) prior to making a decision on this proposal.
Last updated: 2 March 2016