Proposal to list boceprevir and amending the listing of pegylated interferon and ribavirin
19 July 2013
PHARMAC is seeking feedback on a proposal to list boceprevir (Victrelis) as a result of a provisional agreement with Merck Sharp and Dohme (New Zealand) Limited (MSD), and to amend the listing of pegylated interferon with/without ribavirin (Pegasys and Pegasys RBV Combination Pack) as a result of a provisional agreement with Roche Products (New Zealand) Limited.
In summary, this proposal would result in:
- boceprevir (Victrelis) being funded, under Special Authority, from 1 September 2013 for treatment of patients living with chronic hepatitis C:
- with IL-28 gene CT or TT allele; and
- who have previously been treated with pegylated interferon and ribavirin who were partial responders, responder relapsers or were treated prior to 2005;
- Victrelis being the only funded protease inhibitor for the treatment of hepatitis C in the community until 30 June 2016;
- the funded access criteria for pegylated interferon with/without ribavirin being widened from 1 September 2013 to cover retreatment of patients living with chronic hepatitis C who have previously been treated with pegylated interferon and ribavirin who were partial responders, responder relapsers or were treated prior to 2005 in combination with boceprevir; and
- Pegasys being the only funded brand of pegylated interferon with/without ribavirin in the community until 30 June 2017.
PHARMAC welcomes feedback on this proposal. To provide feedback, please submit it in writing by 4.00pm on Friday, 2 August 2013 to:
Therapeutic Group Manager
PO Box 10 254
Fax: 04 460 4995
All feedback received before the closing date and time will be considered by PHARMAC’s Board (or its delegate) prior to making a decision on this proposal.
Last updated: 3 March 2016