Device Advice – Issue 34
- Consultation closes this week on the approach for the next stage in PHARMAC’s management of medical devices
- Four consultations for national contracts are currently open. There are no RFPs currently open.
In this issue
PHARMAC has been consulting on the next stage of our management of hospital medical devices. We asked for your feedback on a new way for District Health Boards (DHBs), PHARMAC, suppliers and others to work together to do this.
During the consultation period, PHARMAC staff visited all DHBs. We are appreciative of the time people took to talk with us about the proposal.
We also held a forum specifically for medical device suppliers in Auckland on 28 May. Thank you to all those who attended.
Consultation closes this Friday 28 June 2019. If you have yet to put in a submission and would like to please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before the end of Friday.
To read the consultation document and provide feedback, go to www.pharmac.govt.nz/devices
Consultation closes on 28 June 2019.
As of 1 May 2019, the Pharmaceutical Schedule includes over 108,000 line items from over 80 suppliers. These contracts cover approximately $258 million of annual DHB hospital expenditure on medical devices.
All contracted products are represented as listings in the Addendum for Medical Devices in Section H, Part III of the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
The following agreements have been completed since the last Device Advice, with listings on the Pharmaceutical Schedule to follow:
- Urology, ostomy and continence products supplied by Downs Distributors Limited, Ebos Group Limited, Ainscorp Pty Ltd, 3M New Zealand Limited, Protec Solutions Limited, Bunzl Outsourcing Services NZ Limited, B. Braun New Zealand Pty Limited, Smith & Nephew Limited, and New Zealand Medical & Scientific Limited
- Needles and syringes products supplied by Becton Dickinson Limited and Terumo Australia Pty Limited
- Interventional radiology products supplied by Obex Medical Ltd and Merit Medical Ltd
- Patient warming and cooling products supplied by Bard Australia Pty Limited and Draeger New Zealand Limited
- Endomechanical and electrosurgical products supplied by Ortho Medics Limited
- Surgical suction, chest and wound drainage products supplied by Culpan Distributors Limited
- Orthopaedic implants and associated products supplied by Medartis New Zealand Ltd and Pioneer Medical Limited
- Obstetrics and gynaecology products supplied by Defries Industries New Zealand Limited and Pro-Med Technologies Limited
Watch our website for the latest about what’s happening in each category.
Here are some highlights of recent activities:
|Surgical suction, chest and wound drainage; and obstetrics and gynaecology||Teleflex Medical New Zealand||16 July 2019|
|Surgical suction, chest and wound drainage; and obstetrics and gynaecology||W M Bamford and Co Limited||8 July 2019|
|Urology products||CR Kennedy (NZ) Limited||5 July 2019|
|Non-invasive ventilation||ResMed NZ Limited||15 July 2019|
Annual Procurement Plan – what’s next?
You can find our Annual Procurement Plan (APP) that lists expected procurements for the next 12 months on our website. We update it at the beginning of March and the beginning of November each year. The Annual Procurement Plan will give you an idea of what’s coming up.
Getting the RFPs
All requests for proposals (RFPs) are listed on both:
- PHARMAC’s website and
- the New Zealand Government Electronic Tenders Service (GETS) website(external link).
GETS has limited options for capturing details within the RFP headline description, so we advise suppliers to read the RFP details to confirm the scope of products we’re seeking to contract.
You’re welcome to contact us directly at email@example.com or 04 460 4990, or contact the individual identified in the relevant notification/consultation.
You can find our contracted medical devices listed under Section H, Part III of the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
Feel free to circulate this newsletter to anyone you think might be interested.
Feedback on this update
If you have any feedback on this update, please let us know what you think via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 13 September 2019