Non-invasive ventilation equipment
PHARMAC is undertaking national contracting for non-invasive ventilation equipment, oxygen concentrators, respiratory gas humidifiers and associated products for use by DHB hospitals across New Zealand.
Consultation: Proposal to list medical devices. Closes: 29 March 2019.
Included within the scope of non-invasive ventilation equipment
- Non-invasive positive pressure ventilation devices (NIPPV) including:
- Fixed pressure devices (CPAP’s)
- Auto adjusting pressure devices (APAP’s)
- Fixed within range for inspiratory and expiratory pressures devices (BPAP’s)
- Variable pressure devices (VPAP’s)
- Non-invasive negative pressure ventilation devices (NPV)
- NIPPV and NPV specific consumables and associated products including but not limited to:
- masks, and mask cushions, liners and frames
- forehead spacers, pads, supports and pillows
- nasal prongs and nasal pillow cushions
- tubing, hoses, and connectors
- chin straps, headgear, headgear clips and accessories
- hose holders, clamps
- carry bags and cases
- spare parts and replacement batteries
- water chambers
- exhalation diffusors
- product holders and stands
- other products associated with the use and care of NIV Products
- Associated respiratory gas humidifiers and their associated consumables and accessories
- Oxygen concentrators and their associated consumables and accessories.
Suppliers under PHARMAC national contract
- None currently
PHARMAC invited suppliers to submit proposals to supply products in scope of the category in April 2018. PHARMAC is expecting to contract with a number of suppliers for this category and will consult on all provisional agreements over the coming months.
Staying in touch
Last updated: 14 March 2019