PHARMAC's Board, which is appointed by the Minister of Health, is ultimately responsible for all of PHARMAC's decisions.
With a staff of more than 100 full- and part-time employees, PHARMAC is a relatively small and focused organisation.
Work at PHARMAC includes seeking clinical information, undertaking economic analysis, developing information or social marketing campaigns, and negotiating with pharmaceutical companies. It takes a range of skills and expertise to do this work effectively.
Text version of organisational chart
The Chief Executive and the directors make up the Senior Leadership Team.
The directorates are:
- Devices Funding
- Device Strategy & Development
- Health Economics
- Pharmaceutical Funding
- Procurement & Contracts
- Schedule Strategy & Development.
- Deputy Medical Directors
- Pharmacology & Therapeutic Advisory Committee Secretaries.
Engagement & Implementation:
- Access Equity
- Implementation Programmes
- Māori Responsiveness
- Human Resources
- Information, Communication & Technology Services
- Information, Knowledge & Business Services
Last updated: 13 December 2019