Click here to visit our sitemap.
Using the site without a mouse
The site can be used without a mouse. There are shortcut keys that will take you to commonly used pages such as the home page and the
To use these shortcut keys hold down the ALT key (Windows PC) or CONTROL key (Apple Macintosh) and then one of the keys in the table below. Some browsers have particular requirements:
- In Internet Explorer and some other browsers you may need to press Enter after pressing the shortcut key.
- For Firefox 2.0.1 and above, hold down SHIFT+ALT and then press the access key.
- In the Opera 7 browser press SHIFT-ESC, release those keys, and then press your chosen access key.
Access keys are used within the site as follows:
- Access key 1 is provided for Home.
- Access key 2 is provided for Site Map.
- Access key 3 is provided for Search.
- Access key 9 is provided for Contact Us.
- Access key [ is provided for beginning of main content. This is known as a Skip Link.
- Access key / is provided for re-directing to the NZ Government portal.
Use of Text on this Site
Most navigation elements are plain text and we have provided text alternatives to graphics on the site.
Those with poor sight may be able to increase the size of the text on screen.
|Internet Explorer||Select the 'View' menu, then 'Text Size', and then your chosen size (or if you have a mouse wheel simply hold down CTRL and roll the mouse wheel to alter the text size.|
|Netscape 6, Mozilla||Hold down CTRL and press + or - to alter the text size.|
|Netscape 4||Hold down CTRL and press [ or ] to alter the text size.|
|Netscape 3||Select 'Options', then 'General Preferences', then 'Fonts', and then 'Choose Font...' to choose a text size.|
Page updated on 20 Sep 2012