PHARMAC's Board, which is appointed by the Minister of Health, is ultimately responsible for all of PHARMAC's decisions.
With a staff of more than 100 full- and part-time employees, PHARMAC is a relatively small and focused organisation. Work at PHARMAC includes seeking clinical information, undertaking economic analysis, developing information or social marketing campaigns, and negotiating with pharmaceutical companies. It takes a range of skills and expertise to do this work effectively.
Text version of organisational chart - click to show or hide
The Chief Executive and the directors make up the Senior Leadership Team.
The directorates are:
- Pharmaceutical Funding
- Medical Devices Funding
- Procurement & Contracts
- Health Economics
- Schedule Strategy & Development
- Device Strategy & Development.
- Deputy Medical Directors
- Pharmacology & Therapeutic Advisory Committee Secretaries.
Engagement & Implementation:
- Whakarata Māori (Māori Responsiveness)
- Implementation Programmes
- Business Services
- Information, Communication & Technology
- Human Resources.
Last updated: 5 July 2016