Operating policies and procedures
We’re reviewing our Operating Policies and Procedures (OPPs), which set out how PHARMAC operates.
Our Operating Policies and Procedures provide guidance to our stakeholders about what to expect when working with us and guide PHARMAC as we consider funding and policy proposals.
The Operating Policies and Procedures were reviewed in 2000-01 and again in 2005.
Our Operating Policies and Procedures need to respond to our expanding role within the sector. In 2012, PHARMAC began a rolling review of the OPPs.
- In 2012 we held a discussion at the PHARMAC Forum. As a result, we produced a discussion document that sought feedback about what people thought our OPP should include.
- We then produced a summary of submissions and outlined our next steps, which included our intention to create an online version of the OPP.
- In 2012 we sought views on how to obtain clinical input into our hospital medical devices work and in 2013 we published an analysis of submissions.
- During 2013 we consulted about our decision criteria and on policies and procedures for our hospital medical devices work.
- Early in 2014 we launched a second round of consultation on our decision criteria, and began a consultation on our Named Patient Pharmaceutical Assessment policy.
- As a result of feedback we received during our decision criteria review, we also released a discussion document on the topic of high cost medicines for rare disorders.
- In 2014 there was more consultation on hospital medical devices.
If you have any questions about the OPP review process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 1 July 2016